The Resource Team is a valued resource of the firm consisting of a group of highly skilled legal assistants who provide short and long-term coverage for assistants working in both Corporate/Commercial and Litigation.
- Provide backup coverage in the absence of other assistants and overflow work including, but not limited to:
- Accurately drafting, proofreading and formatting various legal and general materials including: documents, spreadsheets, reports, memos, presentations, forms and other items
- Preparation, filing and serving of court documents
- Administrative duties as required such as managing calendars, coordinating meetings , filing and making travel arrangements
- Developing and maintaining filing system and filing documents on iManage (DMS)
- Thorough understanding of billing process including: opening/closing client files, entering dockets, preparing expense reports and preparing client accounts on a monthly basis
- Establishing positive working relations with both internal and external contacts
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a legal assistant in litigation and corporate lawPost-secondary education in legal administration or equivalent
- Post-secondary education in legal administration or equivalent
- Solid computer and typing skills proficiency in the MS Office environment, document management programs and other legal-specific technical programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple tasks
- Impeccable proofreading, grammar skills and attention to detail
- Service oriented, adaptable, and works well in a team environment
- Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) including the ability to deal with clients and all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a team environment
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.