Stephen Bowman, Sabrina A. Bandali, Ian Michael, Sharon Singh, Jason Berall and Jessica Horwitz speak and moderate various panels at the Ontario Bar Association's Institute Series.
The conference addresses legal issues and best practices for Ontario lawyers on international and cross-border considerations.
Sabrina speaks on the Anti-Corruption: Best Practices for Ethics and Compliance Programs panel discussing:
- developing and operationalizing ethics & compliance programs;
- identifying, monitoring and mitigation risk; and
- insights on whistleblowing.
Ian speaks on the Structuring Cross-Border M&A panel discussing:
- best practices on structuring cross-border M&As.
Sharon speaks on the Making Sense of Environmental, Social & Governance panel discussing:
- why ESG is so important;
- compliance with corporate governance requirements; and
- ensuring due diligence in transactions.
Jason speaks on the Key Considerations in Selecting Jurisdiction Clauses panel discussing:
- best practices on assessing the implications of a jurisdiction clause; and
- advising clients on these clauses.
Jessica speaks in the Need-to-Know Updates on Import and Export Controls panel discussing:
- emerging issues in Canadian import and export controls, as well as its impacts on businesses; and
- U.S. export controls and the extraterritorial application of U.S. export control laws.
Additionally, Stephen moderates a roundtable discussion with members of the International Bar Association on building multijurisdictional profiles. The panel draws on insights from the United States, United Kingdom and Europe on how to build your profile in a multijurisdictional region.