- Design, develop and implement technology training programs to enhance technical skills, productivity and efficiency of all Firm personnel.
- Conduct new hire and continuous learning workshops for staff and lawyers on the Firm's technologies and computer applications.
- Deliver training sessions via various formats such as one on-one coaching, short/targeted micro sessions and multi-day new hire training.
- Conduct sessions virtually and/or on-site.
- Create a positive learning environment to keep participants motivated and engaged.
- Create and maintain effective courseware including Instructor Notes, Quick Reference Sheets, practice exercises, visual aids and e-learning videos.
- Analyze feedback from participants and other sources to enhance training processes, resources and courseware.
- Actively participate in quality assurance testing of new and upgraded software and technologies.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Firm’s business applications, processes and workflows.
- Keep up-to-date on emerging technologies and trends to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- A minimum of three (3) years of training experience, preferably in a law firm environment.
- Knowledge of desktop productivity software, including PDF tools and document management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Familiarity with time & billing software, template software and numbering macros is considered an asset.
- Exceptional presentation, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies.
- A highly organized individual with great attention to detail, self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- A team player who is comfortable working on their own as well as within a team setting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to changing priorities.
- Flexible, open-minded and collaborative when working with colleagues and Firm personnel; positive attitude.
- Experience with e-learning is an asset.
- Bilingual in French and English is considered an asset.
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.