Radha Curpen speaks at the first-ever Canadian Lawyer’s ESG Summit Canada on October 12, 2022 in Toronto.
Her panel "ESG in the boardroom: Governance & legal aspects that counsel should advise on" will explore ESG responsibilities of the board and the role of counsel in advising them. This includes:
- Ensuring the board understands ESG risks and requirements and is fulfilling its duties to other stakeholders: investors, employees, clients/customers
- ESG challenges for corporate boards: evolving board oversight and governance practices
- Responding to increased ESG-related shareholder proposals/activism: navigating the transition from Shareholder Capitalism to Stakeholder Capitalism
- Reviewing strategies for evaluating executive compensation and linking it to ESG performance
- Mitigating the growing risks of proxy disputes from inaction on ESG matters
More information on the Summit and registration details are available here.