- Provide support for acquisitions and sales of commercial properties, condominium developments, financing transactions and land development.
- Thorough understanding of how to prepare outgoing wire requisitions in a deal.
- Thorough understanding of the billing process - entering and revising time dockets, preparing pre-bills, proof reading accounts, preparing account letters and sending out invoices.
- Prepare cheque requisitions and trust deposits/withdrawals and preparing expense reports and account balances.
- Ability to open new files, close files and maintain file lists.
- Assist in managing the lawyer’s practice including opening files, filing, calendar management, scheduling meetings, arranging travel, expenses, etc.
- Drafting e-reg. documents in the Teraview system, draft instruments and obtain parcels per the lawyers’ instructions.
- Liaising with clients to obtain information and instructions.
- Post-Secondary education in legal administration or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of commercial real estate experience.
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, work well under pressure and effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential and non-routine information, with discretion and professionalism.
- A strong team player and demonstrates positive work ethic.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.